Quote Post

Admin

Group: Admin
Dollars: 885352114277
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 1

Pacman Champion!

First of all, until I can get the Arcade to properly accept new games, this will be the place to find direct links to some fun ones.

user posted image
First, Plupon, the failed addition to the Arcade (Hosted on one of the many freewebs sites that I use as my file directories):

http://www.freewebs.com/sullandneon/pluponMT.swf

This game is very, very addicting. I thought it was merely mediocre until I found out that you could combine the numbers to make bigger numbers, regardless of whether they added up to a multiple of 10. By the third level, this game gets intense and fast-paced.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Click on 3 numbers to combine them, every batch that adds up to 10 or a multiple of 10 gets you a point.

CONTROLS: Mouse

user posted image

Next, from Dan-Ball, a fun little japanese game not unlike the popular Falling Sand Games:

http://dan-ball.jp/en/javagame/dust/

The Powder Game. Ah, such fun. Like Falling Sand, only the elements can be dragged around, thrown, blown around with wind... there are millions of possibilities for this one. In fact, it's immensely popular. You'll have fun with this.

Instructions and controls are in broken Engrish on the site.

GAME REVIEW:

Game: Garry's Mod

www.garrysmod.com

You should ALL know this one. Garry's Mod is an immense multiplayer physics sandbox which uses props from the ever-popular Half-Life 2.

This is a little hard to grasp for some people, so let me explain;

You take things from Half-Life 2, and go crazy. And it's not as simple as that. People have released THOUSANDS of mods and addons for the game, and there's almost no limit to what you can do.

Space maps, Simpsons maps, destructible houses, you name it.

You can also get model packs with new props to build with. Want to build a house? Go ahead! Want to nail a baby to a refrigerator, make the fridge spin on a merry-go-round, and add lazers!? GO AHEAD!

Want to, say, take one of the characters from HL2, in ragdoll form, hang them from a post, and make them spin uncontrollably with a thruster!?!? NOBODY'S STOPPING YOU! GO CRAZY!

The game can be bought off of the online Steam service at the extremely reasonable price of $20, along with CS:S which is required for the game to run.

Build with your friends, and be creative; if you don't have garry's mod, you haven't experienced physics-sandbox games.
PMEmail Poster
^
Sithlordz
 Posted: Oct 13 2007, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

EPIC WIN MAN

Group: Members
Dollars: 3551478399221

Donate
Member No.: 25

Snake Champion!
Space Invaders Champion!

Righty-ho.

http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Main_Page

Dwarf Fortress.

This game is fun. You control a band of 7 Dwarves who have decided to go out, make a new settlement and make names for themselves. In the Fortress mode, at least. You can break sieges, construct deadly traps, craft your own weaponry, farm food for your hungry peasants, burn things with magma, unleash demons, and die. Repeatedly. If you get sick of one place, you can just generate a whole new world, and start anew.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT play this game if you're not willing to lose repeatedly, and if you do not play games with bad graphics. This is ASCII. The game is updated pretty regularly, and there's a thriving community on the forums. But, before you play, READ THE DAMN QUICKSTART GUIDE AND MAYBE A FEW ONES ON IRRIGATION! Don't post on the forums if you've managed to cock up a few settlements, it takes a looong time to really understand the game's mechanics, and know how to work the fricking thing.

Hail Armok, God of Blood.

--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
"The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax."
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

- Quotes from Albert Einstein.
PMEmail Poster
^
Ambassador Solid
 Posted: Oct 13 2007, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

EPIC WIN MAN

Group: Members
Dollars: 18114551

Donate
Member No.: 12

Ok. Take a look at these beauties.
http://www.wolfire.com/games.html
Some are mac, and I don't have mac, so I've only got reviews for Lugaru and Black Shades.

Black Shades is the first time ragdoll was seen in an indi game.

You're a semi-psychic bodyguard, with a huge reputation as a good defense against assassins of all kinds, and zombies. You are currently hired by this white-shirted guy and if he dies, you fail. He is very confident that he will not be harmed and as such, ignores the assassins and waits for you to kill them, even if they have a shotgun aimed at his head. Also, the city has a few zombie infected areas which the VIP seems to like.

Anyway. You have to follow the VIP around and kill all assassins/zombies that try to kill him, you have guns, but you also have your (very weak) mind powers, you can slow down time temporarily to give you a better aim, and force your soul to leave your body, the soul is so fast that time seems almost non-existent, but your soul cannot physically effect anything. I think there are more powers, but I cannot remember them.

The game is simple, fun, but at times frustrating. Also, David (the creator) had a deadline, so the graphics are a bit crap.

Lugaru is probably the best released wolfire game yet.

Lugaru sets you in a world where humans never developed and evolved as the intelligent creatures of the world, instead, all other mammals did, and humans just died out or something. Anyway, you are set in the role of turner, a super-kung-fu fighting rabbit with a family of 3, you, your wife and your daughter. (cannot remember names right now..) But one day, a rabbit visits and tells turner to come with him so that they can stop the coming raider threat, the "visitor" is a raider himself, turner kills him and returns to the village to find..

PLAY THE GAME TO FIND OUT MORE! WHOO!

Ahem, yes. Well, the game's main feature is the combat system. There are only 3 buttons in the whole game.

L-Click: Attack
Shift: Duck/reverse
Space: Jump.

There are not many moves, but they work, click while standing still, you will punch, click while running, you will deliver a roundhouse kick, hold attack and press space launches you at the enemy in the form of the almighty rabbit-kick.

And of course, stealth is a factor. Sneak up on a foe, and attack, kill them without fighting.

But even then, you don't have to attack to win, pressing shift at the right time will reverse the attack, (grabbing a foes outstretched arm as they punch and throwing them down) which always hurts. My dad played this once, and he never attacked.

Also, watch out, the rabbit-kick is really easy to reverse, even for the dumb AI.

Anyway. Even if you get used to those moves, there are 3 weapons.

Knife:
The knife can stab, puncture, and throw. Press Q without an enemy around to drop your weapon, press Q when someone is in range, and your weapon will soar and stab! But, if they somehow survive (some guys do that) then you can pull out the knife quickly to cause instant death. To use the knife in combat, click as normal, and to puncture, just attack enough times in a row, the final blow will be a brutal stab to the heart. And you can stab enemies while their on the floor, but be quick. The knife cannot block attacks, and can be knocked from your hands if the enemy has a bigger knife (like a sword)!

Staff:
The staff replaces almost all moves. It has everything but rabbit-kick and a stealth move. The standing move is a simple smash on the head, but while running, you'll spin the staff around and send them flying! You can also smash enemies while they're down and block attacks from the sword and other staffs.

Sword:
The sword is the easiest to reverse, but the most powerful. If you hold down the attack button, you will attack as soon as the enemy are in range. And swords are longer than arms. Can block attacks from other swords and staffs. You can also stab downed enemies.

Now for my opinion..

EPIC!

The storyline is a bit crap, but the gameplay isn't! Taking on 5 rabbits at once with nothing but a staff? Even watching yourself die is funny! (ragdoll is awesome)

And if you buy it, you get all levels and a debug mode, which is basically godmode. Literally. You are god. You can give yourself clothes, give others clothes, give others weapons, change your weapon (but you need to get one already) and change stats (like power and speed).

But, that's my opinion. Decide for yourselves.

--------------------
"War is pointless; in the end we're all just bags of meat that stop moving after a while."

"Reality is a restriction, true freedom is found in death."
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Oct 15 2007, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

Admin

Donate

Pacman Champion!

A quickie for those who are angry about Ultimatum not updating 'til Friday:

www.vectorpark.com

Ah, yes, VectorPark. There are a total of 5 VectorPark games to play.

Find them yourself, it's not hard. VectorPark never fails to please.
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Oct 15 2007, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

King of Gits

Dollars: 278067742393360

Donate
Member No.: 6

IT ARE FAIL PLEASE ME!!!

--------------------
So, uh. 'Lo. I'm BCN, so you know, if that name means anything to you.
PM
^
 Posted: Oct 16 2007, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Admin

Donate

Pacman Champion!

That's because you're too dumb to find the games sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
^
 Posted: Oct 16 2007, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

King of Gits

Dollars: 278067742393360

Donate
Member No.: 6

I found the game.
They bore me.
Not enough violence.

--------------------
So, uh. 'Lo. I'm BCN, so you know, if that name means anything to you.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins